A big Welcome to the remaining few members of the now defunct accforum,org.
ACC Clients/Claimants - Know your rights or get screwed
Share your experiences and knowledge - when injured, helping each other through the ACC process
Sign in to follow this  
Blurb

Ms Leanne McDonnell

I was clicking through the fyi website and stumbled on this beauty

Request for information in relation to Catalyst Risk, ACC and ACC case manager Ms Leanne McDonnell

David Lawson made this Official Information request to Accident Compensation Corporation

Response to this request is long overdue. By law Accident Compensation Corporation should have responded by now (details and exceptions). You can complain to the Ombudsman.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/8026-request-for-information-in-relation-to-catalyst-risk-acc-and-acc-case-manager-ms-leanne-mcdonnell

I am sure Mr David Lawson would like to hear of my experiences with Ms Leanne McDonnell.

I will suggest that webmaster re-establish/establish a section where past and present contractual service providers  to the ACC can be discussed.

I think it was in 1998 that ACC contracted out the files of Long Term Claimants (known as the Tail Enders) to four (4) companies.organisations

Two of the four were AON (WorkAON) and Catalyst

Ms Leanne McDonnell first worked for AON (WorkAON) until early 2003

"The problems include ACC destroyed the files from the orginial injuries in the 1980's prior to them being closed for 10 years. The person who recorded the files as being destroyed in late 2002, was the same person who had them re-opened in 1995."

Val Jamieson - who was the very same Branch Manager that Co-Signed the "WRAP Team Sign-off" document in July 2002 with AON's Branch Medical Advisor Dr Robert Percival!

and we all know what Dr Robert Percival got up to during early April 2002 ... he (and case manager Leanne Mac Donnell) teleconferenced with Dr Tony Chew, "Seeking Advice" which resulted in Dr Tony Chews Medical Assessment/Report being amended, then discarded in favour of sending me to Dr Tim Sprott in the hope he'd get "it right" for the ACC/AON .... the way they wanted the assessment/report written so they could exit me .... which they got, and did

Wednesday 7 January 2004

RD4 Waiuku
Franklin Auckland

Minister Hon Ruth Dyson
PO Box 19661
Woolston
Christchurch

Dear Minister for ACC, Hon Ruth Dyson

Re: Injury file number

In a letter dated 04-12-03 to Dr Paul Hutchinson, you wrote the following

Ms MacDonnell is from South Africa, and I am assured she is a very accomplished case manager. ACC acknowledges that the relationship between Mr. Van Helmond and his case managers has become strained. I am assured that ACC staff are doing their best to provide Mr. Van Helmond with the high quality of service that all ACC claimants deserve.�

Yes, I agree, Ms MacDonnell is a very accomplished case manager.
She was and is very accomplished at destroying the client�s integrity ensuring that the client�s input during the assessments was totally ignored!

The following is a file entry made regarding a telephone conversation between Dr. Campbell and Ms Leanne MacDonnell
File entry dated 2-5-2002

Dr. Campbell phoned � he agrees with Dr. Chew�s recommendations, specifically the psychiatric assessment. Not because he thinks Fran has a psychiatric condition but he definitely has a personally disorder. He fights with every conceivable person. Even made accusations against Chris Walls, but Dr Campbell thinks Fran now realizes these were false accusations. Explained to Dr Campbell that Dr. Chew refused to see Fran again so we�ll need another medical assessment. Dr Campbell was amazed and wondered whether it wasn�t because of the allegations against Chris Walls. Informed him that I didn�t send Dr Chew a copy of the allegations as this was a dispute between Fran and Dr. Walls and did not involve his medical opinion. Dr Campbell agreed. He noted that he agrees Fran can work 20 � 30 hours per week in a keyboarding position, but nothing physical. Even with his hand and knee � this won�t stop him from doing keyboard work. Asked whether Dr Campbell is of the opinion that these are injury related and he couldn�t remember the injuries sustained but did recall Fran mentioning the hand due to RSI and the knee due to a MVA. The knee hasn�t really been a problem until recently. Asked whether this could be a delay tactic and Dr Campbell said if it wasn�t the knee it would be the ankle and if not the ankle it would be something else.
He congratulated me on my perseverance and noted that ACC should give him a due date at which to stop his entitlements. This should get him motivated. He has such a long history of confrontation with his TT and his landlady. He definitely feels he can start at 20 hours then 30 hours until he�s up to full time employment.

Minister Dyson, I returned to full time employment as an employee in September of 2003 due to financial hardship. On December 11th 2003, I was diagnosed medically unfit to continue with any type of work due to my ongoing injury related problems.

An ACC18 was issued and handed to the ACC.
They declined to cover me so I ended up back on a sickness benefit.

When my ACC ceased on the 12 October 2002, my GP also issued a sickness certificated stating that I was �Unfit for any type of work�!

Isn�t that strange after what Dr Campbell was supposed to have said to MacDonnell? Please refer to the file entry above and you�ll see what I�m on about!

Its even more strange that approximately 2 weeks before he allegedly said what he did to MacDonnell, he issued another ACC certificate which declared me fit to only undertake 2 hours of light work per day!

I now also draw your attention to a letter that Mr. McSherry wrote (dated 9 January 2003) in which he wrote

�During your assessment for the Work Capacity Process all injuries and medical conditions would have been taken into account before a decision made that you had a capacity for work in the reviewed jobs.�

I believe Mr. McSherry was and is totally incorrect!

Had Ms. MacDonnell not been allowed to contaminate my case file with a load of utter misleading crap, then the assessors would have made a totally different decision!

I ask you Minister Dyson, how the hell would I get employment as a website designer when my skills are only classed as being novice, and my hand continuously curl up into cramp?

You and Gary Wilson can glorify the accomplished Ms. MacDonnell as much as you like, but as far as I and other claimants are concerned she is nothing but a dangerous person who is not fit to be a case manager!

Yours sincerely

Fran Van Helmond
Dated:

CC: Dr Paul Hutchison MP for Port Waikato.

Leanne Mac Donnell was employed by AON NZ Ltd between 2001 and Oct 25 2002 and from there she went to Catalyst, then to the LTCU, then I understand from information gained over the years she went onto ACC's Auckland Branch located in Sale Street.

Aon NZ Ltd - WorkAON - AON Risk Services Ltd

Posted (edited)

Friday 3rd September 2004.

Fran Van Helmond
RD4 Waiuku
Franklin Auckland

Hon Ruth Dyson
Minister of ACC
Parliament Buildings
Wellington

Dear Minister Dyson

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that the ACC, Catalyst and Aon Risk Services, have and still are, through the ACC�s Long Term Claims Unit, unlawfully interfering with their Long Term Injury Client�s Work Rehabilitation Assessments to secure Capacities to Work 35 hours or more a week?

Why did you totally ignore my complaints in 2001 and 2002 regarding the way Aon Risk Services were managing my Injury File?

To refresh your memory Ms Dyson, the first complaint I sent to you regarding Aon Risk Services, and Ms LEANNE MacDONNELL the case manager, you forwarded the complaint to them, Aon Risk Services, to investigate!

Yes, you asked them to investigate themselves!

I quote the following from documents received from DRS in November 2002, after you fobbed me off:

� THE PRIMARY OBJECTION RELATES TO THE UNINATERAL CONTACT FROM DR PERCIVAL WITH DR CHEW WHO SUBSEQUENTLY AMENDED HIS REPORT. THE REVEIWER WENT ON TO SAY �THAT IS AN INAPPROPIATE ACTION AND AGAINST THE PRINCIPLES OF NATURAL JUSTICE�.

Dr ROBERT PERCIVAL is ACC� Branch Medical Advisor.
He was also Branch Medical Advisor for Catalyst and Aon!

Ms LEANNE MacDONNELL is now a case manager at ACC�s LTCU.
She was a case manager for Aon and was involved in the interference.

Ms Dyson, are you at all interested in your job as Minister for ACC?
I personally believe you are incompetent and should resign because the taxpayers are certainly wasting their money employing you for doing nothing!

Yours sincerely

Signed:

Fran Van Helmond
Dated:

=============================>
But still ....

Re: Work Rehabilitation Assessment: Final quality check and decision

= Was Co-Signed & Dated by Val Jamieson AND Dr ROBERT PERCIVAL on 1st July 2002.

To refresh your memory Ms Dyson, the first complaint I sent to you regarding Aon Risk Services, and Ms LEANNE MacDONNELL the case manager, you forwarded the complaint to them, Aon Risk Services, to investigate!

Yes, you asked them to investigate themselves!

Edited by Blurb

----- Original Message -----
To: "Blurb" <>
Cc: <Judy.Dearsley@parliament.govt.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Assessment

>
> Dear Fran,
>
> Thank you for your e-mail received.
>
> These issues have been raised in your ministerial complaint, of which we